Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Plate is Full

My Platter Is Full
Monsoon season has begun. Yes the rain cloud above my head while not bearing negative energy but stress from the loads of tasks I have on my plate.
The new/old man of my life has become a more permanent fixture in my life. Lets just say we finally figured out how to navigate this relationship together... Or we are just having a good week. I guess only time will tell right? Bf’s birthday is in 17 days and only a few days ago did I decide to make him a blanket for his new place as a present. So I am happily knitting away on this. I am still working on a lacy scarf for his sister however it has been put on hold so I can get his blanket completed.
So on top of knitting this blanket I am knitting a pair of socks. This are my travel socks that I carry around with me where ever I go. Well Saturday I had an evening to my self and since I had just spent a few hours in the heat I wanted nothing more than to put on a good movie and enjoy a bottle of wine. Unfortunately good wine is not easily found in a small country town. At least I had a good book a good movie and some lovely socks to offset the mediocre wine.
What movie did I watch? The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Great movie but this is not a movie for everyone. There is a lot of abuse, language and violence. I was really impressed with the movie that I downloaded the book to my kindle. It of course will probably be there for a while as I have many books waiting in line to be read. The author I must plug! He sounds so interesting, someone I would have loved to talk to and just pick his brain, unfortunately he pasted away shortly after finishing the trilogy series. After reading his bio I wonder if the character Mikael Blomkvist is an imprint of the man behind the writing. Oh and I am even more impressed with the Apple Technology they used in the movie. They worked an Apple MacBook Pro like I have never seen. Very pleased! 
Well I think I am going to enjoy some reading and sign off. 
Happy knitting!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment