Saturday, April 17, 2010

Knitting Myself Some Hair

Cast On Podcast had a beautiful story called Knitting Myself Some Hair. In 2006 Diane went into the hospital for what she thought was asthma related problems only to discover she had a tumor the size of a grape fruit invading her chest cavity. She asked herself what am I to do? She did what I think I would do, vow not to leave this world until her Icelandic sweater was finished. As she shares more of her story I realize that this women like myself finds more joy in giving a knitted item to someone than the actual knitting. I was deeply moved by this women and felt she needed to be honored for her bravery and her generosity. God truly used her talents and her cancer to touch others and he healed her, and in 2008 she went back to the hospital to thank the staff that saved her life not realizing how she had touched their lives. I see God at work in this women and I am just filled with so much joy listening to her testimony. I tried to find more details maybe her story posted online, and found nothing, which made the desire to share her story more intense. If you ever get the chase please go to iTunes and download episode #76 of Cast On to listen to this women’s testimony.


As for what is on my needles I am on the last knitted piece for the Bella Baseball Scarf. Tomorrow I hope to finish it, block the pieces and sew together. I’ll post pictures. I’m pretty excited to finish this project and compare to the movie scarf.


Hmmm what to knit next....

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment